And it’s time start planning this year’s SBMF. We’re looking at a date in early July for the event; we’ll post as soon as we come up with a solid date.
In the meantime, we’re seeking new volunteers to help organize and promote, and fundraise for the event. Do you want to help? Here’s a list of things that need to be done ASAP:
- Musicians! We need bands to play. Are you in a band? Everyone is Seattle knows someone in a band — help spread the word that we’re seeking brilliant musicians again this year!
- Kickstarter / fundraising. We need money to make some necessary upgrades to the sound system, buy ads, etc.
- Publicity – We need fliers and posters again this year. And a blogger… We should really publicize the event as much as possible – get the media to run stories, post fliers around town, maybe create some random bike/music guerrillla art to help boost interest.
- We could use a good press kit – if you have experience creating these, that would be awesome.
- build a street team – people who can go out around town and plaster fliers / posters / art everywhere.
- The sound equipment we had last year was on loan and is now back in LA. Do you have a PA or access to sound equipment we could use? We need mic stands, monitors, everything and anything to help improve the sound. Got contacts or suggestions? Send ’em our way.
- Also, we need a great sound engineer person. Can you donate your time or expertise? Got any connections?
- We need to improve the generator – it was too noisy last year, and it was kind of an inefficient system. If you have any ideas about upgrading the system, or know anything about electronics or engineering, that would be great.